Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 5th Annual General Meeting of Facial Palsy UK (the ‘Charity’) will be held on Saturday 18 November 2017 from 12 – 3pm at East Berkshire College, Station Road, Langley, Berkshire, SL3 8BY. Note we will be on the Langley campus.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the fourth AGM held on 8 October 2016.
3. To receive the Board of Trustees’ Report and Accounts for the period ending 30 June 2017
4. To re-elect Charles Nduka who is retiring by rotation.
5. To re-elect Vanessa Venables who is retiring by rotation.
6. To re-elect Fiona Hawthorne who is retiring by rotation.
7. To re-appoint Sheila Crowley as a Trustee on the board (co-opted 18/01/2017)
8. To re-appoint Rebecca Black as a Trustee on the board (co-opted 18/01/2017)
9. To re-appoint Sue Parsons as a Trustee on the board (co-opted 18/01/2017)
10. To re-appoint Dimitra Gkerdouki as a Trustee on the board (co-opted 26/04/2017)
11. To re-appoint Rawlinsons as Independent Examiners
12. Review of 2016/17
End of formal business
Drinks and a light lunch will be served and there will be time to mingle with other guests.
- Speaker – Claire Hamlet from the Centre for Appearance Research (University of the West of England) will present the process and results of a research priority setting exercise conducted in collaboration with Facial Palsy UK. This was the first study worldwide to establish a research agenda for facial palsy in order to address the major gaps in understanding relating to the treatment and care of those affected. In total 36 research topics were agreed by 80 patients, carers, health professionals and researchers and ranked according to importance.
- Speaker – James Parkin will share his experiences of facial palsy as a result of cancer of the parotid gland. James will also perform some songs which have been part of his recovery journey.
- Special announcements
Ground floor event, disabled parking and facilities available.
This College is approx. 7 minutes walk from Langley train station on the mainline from Oxford to London. Travelling via London you will get the Langley train from Paddington, this takes approx. 30 minutes. Trains run every 30 minutes from London Paddington and back again. This leg of the journey currently costs £9.60 return per person. Please note this could be subject to change.
The campus is well-served by local bus routes. For more details call First Bus Service on 0871 200 2233 or visit www.firstgroup.com
Langley College is located just off the A4 to the east of Slough, and is only a short drive from Junction 5 of the M4. Use satnav postcode SL3 8BY.
Facial Palsy UK is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, No. 8107184.
Registered Office: Facial Palsy UK, Eventus, Sunderland Road, Market Deeping, Peterborough, PE6 8FD.
Charity registered in England and Wales, No. 1148115 and Scotland, No. SC045086.
Click here to download a copy of the draft minutes from Facial Palsy UK’s Annual General Meeting (8 October 2016).
Download a PDF of the Review of the year 2015-16 which accompanies the minutes to the 2016 AGM.
PLEASE NOTE: the minutes from the 2016 AGM are a draft, and won’t be approved until our next AGM.
Last reviewed: 16-10-2017 || Next review due: 20-11-2017