Data Protection Statement
Facial Palsy UK is committed to data protection and will never pass on your details to any third party without your consent.
Why we need your data
We need to know your personal data in order to provide you with relevant information based on your choices. We don’t collect data from you that we do not need. Some questions are asked to ensure that we are reaching all sectors of the community.
What we do with it
We may use your data in the following ways:
- To provide us with statistics about the facial palsy community
- To advertise relevant events and opportunities to you directly, such as conferences, family days, support groups, etc.
- To promote events and opportunities on behalf of other organisations such as a research opportunity. We will NEVER pass your details on.
What happens to your data when you sign up to join our community?
- Your data is stored in our secure website database and then transferred to our Harlequin database which is on an internal secure server. The data stored on the website is deleted once this transfer is complete. It may also be sent to Mailchimp which is a service we use for e-newsletters and e-mailings. These systems are secure and comply with all UK and EU data protection laws.
- We will only contact you in the ways you’ve indicated above and you can unsubscribe from our e-mailings at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of every mailing. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 030 9333 at any time to request your information be changed or deleted.
- We won’t trade or sell your data to anyone else ever. We won’t pass on your data to anyone else without your explicit consent, for example, you may wish to be put in touch with a local person affected by facial palsy or you may wish us to write a letter to advocate on your behalf to another organisation such as your GP surgery. We will always seek your consent for such activities. We might sometimes need to share data with a third party, for example if we send out a large mailing, the mailing house may need your name and postal address (for those who opt in to postal communications). We will only work with companies that abide by the same laws, and privacy and care of information will be a vital condition of any contract entered into with third parties.
How long do we keep it?
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. The information given by you on this form will be kept by us until you notify us you no longer wish to receive this information OR for those who opted into marketing communications we will remove records where a communication has either not been received, responded to or opened after six years.
What are your rights?
If at any time you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled personal data, you can contact our Privacy Officer who will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our Privacy Officer is Karen Johnson and you can contact them at email@example.com or 0300 030 9333.
Last reviewed: 30-04-2018 || Next review due: 30-04-2021