I would like to receive...
Subscribe to our e-mail news - may include snippets of all news such as events, information, support groups, research, fundraising & volunteering (there is an unsubscribe option in every e-newsletter so you can change these settings at any time)
Information about fundraising for Facial Palsy UK
An invitation to any Facial Palsy UK Local support groups close to me
Information about becoming a Facial Palsy UK volunteer
Invitations to participate in research relevant to me
All About You...
Please select the option(s) below that best describe your connection to Facial Palsy UK
Data Protection Statement
Facial Palsy UK is committed to data protection and will never pass on your details to any third party without your consent.
Why we need your data
We need to know your personal data in order to provide you with relevant information based on your choices. We don't collect data from you that we do not need.
What we do with it
We may use your data in the following ways:
- To provide us with statistics about the facial palsy community
- To advertise relevant events and opportunities to you directly, such as conferences, family days, support groups, etc.
- To promote events and opportunities on behalf of other organisations such as a research opportunity. We will NEVER pass your details on.
What happens to your data when you sign up to join our community?
- Your data is sent to TT Mail which is a service we use for e-newsletters and e-mailings. Your data is also transferred to our Harlequin database which is on an internal secure server. These systems are secure and comply with all UK and EU data protection laws.
- We will only contact you in the ways you've indicated above. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe from our communications at any time using the 'Update preferences' or 'Unsubscribe' button at the bottom of every mailing or by contacting email@example.com or telephone 0300 030 9333.
- We will use your information about your connection to facial palsy to understand more about our community and improve our services, e.g. how many people are affected by particular causes, how many families need support in a particular area.
- We won't trade or sell your data to anyone else ever. We won't pass on your data to anyone else without your explicit consent, for example, you may wish to be put in touch with a local person affected by facial palsy or you may wish us to write a letter to advocate on your behalf to another organisation such as your GP surgery. We will always seek your specific consent for such activities. We might sometimes need to share data with a third party, for example if we send out a large mailing, the mailing house may need your name and postal address.
We will only work with companies that abide by the same laws, and privacy and care of information will be a vital condition of any contract entered into with third parties.