Our Facial Palsy Support Groups offer a safe and welcoming environment to discuss shared experiences and access peer support. We want to duplicate this when delivering an online group session via Zoom. Therefore, these client guidelines are in place to keep everyone safe and secure, to which everyone attending is expected to follow:
- To safeguard the confidentiality for everyone, please make sure participants cannot be overheard during the call.
- To respect each other’s right to privacy please keep information you see or hear to yourself – please do not share with others.
- Please be respectful to everyone and not use abusive or threatening language – no matter how you are feeling.
- To avoid unnecessary noise and distraction we ask that you do not smoke/vape or eat, and keep your phone on silent whilst the group is in session. Though you are welcome to bring a cup of tea and a biscuit or two!
- You can choose whether or not to put your video on, but please remember to dress appropriately for video sessions.
- To avoid interruptions and to get the value of peer support, we ask that you arrive on time and stay for the duration of the session.
- As we hope to create a supportive environment we ask that you do no record, screenshot or take photographs of the sessions.
- We ask that no one shares their screen during the session, unless agreed in advance with the support group leads.
- Being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol whilst attending sessions is prohibited.
- Please do not promote services or products for personal gain.
Please do get in touch with the support group leader should you have any concerns about the above or in attending a session.
Last reviewed: 28-05-2020 || Next review due: 25-03-2022