For those seeking online support there are many Facebook groups connected to the various causes of facial palsy which you can find by doing a search on Facebook.
Facial Palsy UK Online Support Options
- Health Unlocked – our online message board for anyone affected by facial palsy.
- Facial Palsy UK Facebook group for Parents and Carers of children with facial palsy. – please note this is strictly for parents and carers of children with facial palsy, with the exception of representatives of Facial Palsy UK.
- Facial Palsy UK Facial Palsy in Pregnancy Facebook group – for people who had facial palsy in pregnancy or just after giving birth
- Humberside, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire network – for people with facial palsy in Humberside, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire
- Northern Ireland network – for people with facial palsy in Northern Ireland
- Peterborough network – for people with facial palsy in Greater Peterborough area
- South-west network – for people living in the south west of England (Devon, Cornwall and Somerset)
- Wales network – for people with facial palsy in Wales
For our Facebook Group guidelines please click here.
Other non-Facial Palsy UK Groups
With specific conditions there are often too many groups for us to list or advertise on our website so we encourage people to search online for these.
- I was an FP Kid – This group is strictly for over 13’s and adults who had facial palsy in childhood. They do not allow any charity advertising and although many of our volunteers are linked to this group, it is not a Facial Palsy UK group.
- Facial Paralysis Support Network Australia, New Zealand & Worldwide – This Facebook group is for anyone affected by facial paralysis anywhere in the world. This group is also not moderated by Facial Palsy UK.
Virtual Support Sessions
During the pandemic we are running virtual support sessions via Zoom. Please join our community and opt-in to support group updates to receive email updates about how to access these.
Last reviewed: 11-11-2020 || Next review due: 09-01-2021