Facial Palsy UK operate local support groups for adults affected by facial paralysis.
Local Facial Palsy UK groups & networks
It was great to talk with others and hear different and similar experiences. I’ve never had the opportunity to speak to other people with FP before. My only frustration was that the time went so quickly! I wish we had had more of a chance to chat!
- Birmingham support group
- Cheshire & Mersey support group
- Cornwall support network – not currently running
- East Grinstead support group
- Edinburgh support group
- Essex support group
- Exeter support group– not currently running
- Glasgow support group
- Humberside, Lincolnshire & Yorkshire network – solely a Facebook group at present
- London support group
- Manchester support group
- Newcastle support group
- Northern Ireland network
- Norwich support group
- Peterborough network
- Wales network – solely a Facebook group at present
How do I find out about new groups starting?
Please Join our Community to keep updated about all our news.
Benefits of joining a Facial Palsy UK support group:
- Exchange of information
- Mutual support in an informal and friendly environment
- Sharing experiences
- Discussing the challenging aspects of living with facial palsy
- Newsletter (some groups)
- Support groups are usually facilitated by group members and a facial palsy health professional.
Do Facial Palsy UK support groups cater for all ages?
The main support groups cater for people over the age of 18, or 16 and over if accompanied by an appropriate adult.
We don’t recommend bringing children to adult support group meetings because some of the discussions may be inappropriate, e.g. discussions about surgery may frighten a young child.
Our family days are a much better place for children with facial palsy and their parents to find support. We try to get a health professional to come along to family days giving parents an opportunity to ask questions they might not have time to in clinic.
- Bell’s palsy in pregnancy support network
- Support for families
- Support in Glasgow – regular meet-ups at quiet cafes in Glasgow every 2-3 weeks. A chance to socialise and make new friends, exchanges insights and experiences https://www.meetup.com/Facial-Palsy-Support-Group-Glasgow/
If you would like more information about support groups, please contact us on email@example.com.
Last reviewed: 16-07-2018 || Next review due: 24-10-2018